Sunday, April 26, 2009

Creative - yes, Clever - maybe not

As I began this venture, my first task at hand was deciding on a name. I thought I would come up with some sort of clever, catching name that would identify my blog, aka online diary, as something that identifies with me..... nothing seemed to fit. While pondering, I posed the question 'What's in a name?" and reminded myself of the part of  Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" - thus deciding this was the name. Chosen to state that some may or may not enjoy my musings - no matter what the name is. 

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? 

Deny thy father, and refuse thy name; 

Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, 

And I’ll no longer be a Capulet.

 

’Tis but thy name that is my enemy; 

Thou art thyself though, not a Montague. 

What’s Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, 

Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part 

Belonging to a man. O! be some other name: 

What’s in a name? that which we call a rose 

By any other name would smell as sweet; 

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d, 

Retain that dear perfection which he owes 

Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name; 

And for that name, which is no part of thee, 

Take all myself. 

William Shakespeare


Over the next several days, you will see additions and revisions to this - all courtesy of the comments and suggestions from my brother. He follows this blog, and there are links to a few of his. I highly recommend you visit his as well...... they are much more thought provoking than my simple ramblings.


• and I realized that 4/23 was Shakespeare's birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment