Saturday, August 15, 2009

Safe And Secure

I must first begin by explaining this is not the original post I had intended, but, my husband John is in the hospital again with Pancreatitis, so this will be brief.

I know Lulu has now settled into her place and knows she is safe and secure and home. Not only does she romp and play, but she fills the roll as my protector. Instead of running to the fence barking at the neighbor's hired lawn care folks, she stands at my side with a watchful eye.

When friends stop by, she is friendly and playful, but let someone we do not know, come to the door, and she barks, Fiercely. When we are in the front about to go for a stroll, she first must walk the perimeter of the yard, making sure there is no threats near. Her keen eyes notice and watch everyone who walks past. Not barking - just watching. Only until they cross her invisible boundary and into the yard will she bark.

Needless to say, even while John is in the hospital and I am home alone... with Lulu here, I also feel safe and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment