Saturday, August 1, 2009

Delilah, Day Two

She seems to be adapting well. She and Oopy get along well most of the time. We have had one or two minor 'growlings' when John and I were eating. 'Lulu' as we call her now - she responds best to that, growled and snap at Oopy, for being close to us while we were eating. To solve that, thanks to Victoria Stillwell, we placed her in another room, until the aggressive behavior ceased.

I also took her for a long walk today at the lake. She was so very well behaved it was if she has been trained! I guess I watch way to much 'Its Me Or The Dog' on Animal Planet! Any time I thought she was going to lose focus I regained her attention with an 'uh huh'. The only problem I can see - is when I ask if she wants to 'go outside' is now she stops at the car waiting on me to open the door. Go must mean go for a ride.

Its still going to take a while for her to become comfortable.... she seems to be having a great time.... but she seems also like she doesn't know how long its going to last.

Love, direction, and reassurance is the only way. I hope she relaxes enough to realize she has found her forever home.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful and I know you will give her a wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete