Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spay and Neuter, Please

I took my Lulu to have her 'fixed' today. She is recovering nicely and resting. Has not had any appetite this evening, but thats going to take a little time. She was very weak when I brought her home - so I carried her inside. That was a funny sight I am sure. A 5'1" woman carrying a 72+ pound Great Pyrenees inside the house!!! John would have - but since he is just now out of the hospital I thought it would not be wise for him to attempt it.

Although it is a requirement to spay or neuter a pet adopted from Animal Control, I would have chosen to do so regardless. There are way too many pets surrendered , and as the economy worsens, so does the number of surrendered pets.

Please consider adoption from your local shelter, and if you find one elsewhere PLEASE spay or neuter. It can save a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment