Friday, July 31, 2009

Hey There Delilah!



Meet Delilah! Rescued from the Gordon County Animal Control On Friday, July 31st. She is 15 months old and a Great Pyrenees (mix? does not look mixed - but who am I to say) She is very skittish right now. But follows me like a shadow. Wants to be touching me..... and I am not going to complain about that! It will take her a few days to feel comfortable, so I guess that is why she is sticking so close. And yes - I LOVE IT!!!!

She has met Oopy - and she is scared of him. He is so excited he can not calm down enough to meet her properly. Once Papa gets home we will give them a proper introduction. Also, going to introduce her to the dogs outside once he arrives as well. Do not want to make her any more nervous than she already is.

She seems really smart too. I grabbed the brush and she started moving her head underneath it. Sits on command - most of the time.

Will have her fixed soon - but only after she feels safe and secure here with us. Don't want her to think she is being shuffled somewhere else so soon after coming home.

I think it was meant for me to save her.... Beth was so sweet.... and loved me so faithfully til the end..... she would want me to share my love with another. To fill the void that was left. Why else would Delilah come into my life right now.... the way she did? I will still shed my tears for Beth - and miss her.... but I have a new baby girl to hold and love and have the companionship I need.


2 comments:

  1. Yep - she is filling the void that Beth left, and if she had stayed at the pound - she would have been put to sleep Monday.

    ReplyDelete