Monday, May 11, 2009

The Queen Wave


Have you ever noticed the wave the British Royal's use? Fingers together, wrist rotating. Uniquely their own. Years ago I adopted this wave.... quite for fun.

Some friends understood this wave.... I was the "Queen B". All, including myself poked fun at my 'royal position'.
There were many acquaintances that didn't 'get it' . Thus making my queen wave all the more amusing to my clique. 

Years passed and I continued to use this wave, to test new acquaintances... to see just how 'with the program' they were. Or at least to see if we were on the same 'wave length'.

It took about 2.5 years at my present job for a few to catch on. (And some are still oblivious!)
Gone are the days when my friends and I would burst into laughter when I waved.... Now I get looks of daze and confusion, or at the very least, go unnoticed as unique. Could it be a generation gap - or is it I am more misunderstood? Personally I want to believe its the latter.... but then again, I am older..... if not more mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment